Friday, July 6, 2012

BLP: Before Ludlow Porch

From a very young age I knew there was something special and a little different about my Dad, different in a good way. Our house was the house that all the kids in the neighborhood came to and played and I'm pretty sure it was not because of my wonderful personality, it was my Dad. 
We would play throw the can in the summer and it would all start in my back yard. My Dad made a springboard out of a log and a 4 foot long 2x6 and kids would come from blocks away to see how far my Dad could shoot them into the air and they would come crashing to the ground. The board was nailed to the log and a kid would stand on one end and my Dad would jump on the other end. I'm not kidding when I say there were kids thrown 10 feet into the air. 
I don't how any of us made it to adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment