Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Gotta love Willie Nelson

 Now for a Willie Nelson story...About 5 or 6 years ago when I was driving a limousine full time I would occasionally drive celebrities and this night I went to Chastain Park and picked up Willie Nelson, his bass player and his harmonica player after their concert to take them to the Ritz Carlton in Buckhead. 

I was driving a Ford Expedition, no limousine and I was at the right place at the appointed time. First out was the harmonica player with 2 cases full of harmonicas, how do I know? Because he showed me. He said Willie would be a few minutes because he likes to take a shower after a show outside. Next came the bass player followed by Willie. The bass player sat in the front next to me and the harmonica player in the back passenger side and Willie was behind me.

Willie works on his Farm Aid Concert all year round. These concerts raise money to help Farmers that are in trouble for one reason or the other due to natural disasters or many others reasons to keep their head above water in bad times. Willie is very much hands on with everything involved on putting the concert on including getting the acts to preform and apparently that day was one of those days. All was quiet in the car for about 2 minutes when the harmonica player ask Willie if he had ever gotten back with KC as in KC and the Sunshine Band about the Farm Aid show. Willie responded with "yeah I talked to that Sum Bitch this afternoon". Then there was a short pause and the harmonica player said...Well what did he say? Willie said "That Sum Bitch told me he would do it for $50,000, I looked into the phone like he could see me and I said Man we are raising money to help farmers in need we ain't paying any performers then he said he would come for $50,000, then I yelled into the phone YOU STUPID SON OF A BITCH YOU WEREN'T WORTH $50,000 WHEN YOU WERE POPULAR AND PEOPLE KNEW WHO YOU WERE, then I slammed the phone down and broke the handset". Then the bass player said, " So I guess KC's not coming? We all had a good laugh after that.

#WillieNelson

No comments:

Post a Comment